7年级, Women’s Suffrage Inquiry Design Model (IDM) Lesson Plan: Why is the Right to Vote Important?
下载一个 PDF of all the resources and materials in this unit.
- Why did women fight for and win the right to vote in Washington 状态?
- C1.6-8.2 Explain the structure of and key ideals set forth in fundamental documents, including the Washington 状态 constitution and tribal treaties with the United States government.
- C2.6-8.2 区分结构, 组织, 权力, 以及地方政府的限制, 状态, 和部落的水平.
- C4.6-8.2 Describe the relationship between the actions of people in Washington 状态 and the ideals outlined in the Washington 状态 constitution.
- C4.6-8.3 Employ strategies for civic involvement that address a 状态 or local issue.
- SSS4.6-8.2 Use appropriate format to cite sources within an essay, presentation, and reference page.
Spend a few moments with your students talking about what voting means to them.
Consider the following points in your discussion:
- 今天在美国谁可以投票? (In Washington 状态, you must be a citizen, at least 18 years old. 如果某人犯了严重的罪行, 所谓的重罪, they are allowed to vote once they are not in prison or community custody. However, some other 状态s do not allow people who did these crimes to vote.)
- 你为什么要投票? Alternately, you might wish to ask them why they think people do not vote.